HOMETECH TECH SUPPORT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms apply to anyone using Hometech Tech Support (“Tech Support”). Please take the time to read these because you should not use the Tech Support service unless you agree to them. Your subscription covers you and any family members and partners who are living at the same address.
- Your Tech Support membership gives you
- Access to one-to-one tech support via the Hometech Tech Helpdesk (the “Helpdesk”) please see below for limitations on the scope of technical queries the Helpdesk can answer);
Your Subscription gives you access to Technical Support for the following:
- TV Problems
- TV Viewing Problems
- Smart TVs
- Sky / Freeview Etc
- Netflix and Streaming
- 3rd Party Streamers
- Audio and Soundbar
- Smart Home
- Set Up Smart Hubs
- Smart Thermostats
- Smart Doorbells and Locks
- Smart Security
- Smart Lighting
- Wifi & Internet
- Solving Router Problems
- Connecting Devices
- Extending Coverage
- Phone & Tablet
- Software Updates
- Internet Connectivity
- Memory Organisation (photos, cloud etc)
- Install email on phone
- Configuring apps
- Organising Music
- Access to preferential rates with our nationwide network of engineers, if we are unable to solve your technical problems over the phone.
- Paying for your Tech Support membership
- You will need to pay £6.99 (the “Fee”) per month for a Tech Support membership. The first month must be paid in full prior to commencement of your membership and you will continue to pay the Fee every month for a minimum of 12 months.
- You can pay the Fee via Credit or Debit Card. This will show on your bank statement as Hometech Support
- You may cancel your membership at any time during the first 14 days of your membership by calling us on 0800 304 7777. If you cancel your membership within the first 14 days you will be entitled to a full refund of the Fee unless you used our service before the 14 days expired. If you have used the service then you must continue to pay the Fee every month for a minimum of 12 months.
- The Minimum Period
The agreement will continue for a minimum period of 12 months. If you want to end your membership at the end of your minimum period you will need to give us at least 30 days’ notice.
Once your minimum period ends, if you haven’t asked us to end your membership, we will continue providing you with your membership at the same monthly price.
- Data Protection
In accordance with Hometech’s Data Protection Policy, the information you supply will only be used by Hometech and for the purposes stated and will not be passed to any third party for marketing. Any records we keep in relation to the session will only be kept for a limited time in line with the above policy.
- Your use of the Tech Support service (“Service”)
- The suitability of the guidance and information we provide in response to a Request (“Guidance”) depends on the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide us with. We will not investigate your circumstances beyond the information disclosed by you. Please take care to ensure you tell us everything that you think may be relevant to your Request and answer our questions as fully as possible.
- We will use reasonable care and skill when providing you with Guidance. Due to the constantly changing nature of technology, we cannot provide any assurances that the Guidance provided will remain appropriate to your Request. We don’t undertake to carry out any future review of the Guidance provided or your circumstances to check whether the Guidance we have provided is still appropriate to your Request. The responsibility for ensuring that the Guidance remains appropriate rests with you and you may use the Service to request further Guidance.
- Our responsibility to you
- Except where we have failed to use reasonable care and skill in providing the Service, we will not be responsible for any damage or loss suffered as a result of
i.any delay in providing a response to a Request or to provide Guidance
- acts beyond our reasonable control
iii. any failure on your part to provide us with information relevant to your Request
- changes in your circumstances or the state of technology that affect the suitability of the Guidance
- viruses, technical defects or third party interference to any computer, tablet, phone or other device you use to access the Helpdesk Service or any services you access through a Device, following your use of the Helpdesk Service or the Tech Support Service
- of any obligation we have to contact the relevant authorities and disclose information pertaining to any illegal act Hometech become aware of due to information on your computer or laptop we have access to via the Tech Support Service
vii. any additional circumstances set out in our general terms.
- What you must do
- You agree that you will not use Hometech Tech Support in any way that is
- illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour
- likely to damage the reputation of Hometech
iii. likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person
- is defamatory, obscene or offensive
- will or is likely to infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person.
- You confirm you are over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the service.
- Suspension or termination by Hometech
Where we think you are misusing the Service, we may suspend your use of the Helpdesk Service until such matter is resolved. In serious cases or in the case of repeated misuse or where we cannot resolve the matter with you, we may terminate your Tech Support membership. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to, being abusive to our staff or other inappropriate behaviour, using the service for illegal or improper purposes.
We cannot advise you where this could cause a conflict of interests between your interests and those of Hometech or another Hometech customer. Where a conflict of interest arises, we may be unable to provide you with exact details due to data protection legislation.
We (or companies acting on our behalf) may record and review telephone calls or emails to enable us to monitor quality standards and for training purposes.
- Third party rights
No person other than you has any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Viruses and security
Though we take reasonable commercial measures to ensure the safety of your data and devices, due to the nature of electronic communications and the possibility of third party interference, we cannot guarantee that our website, any email we send in response to a Request and/or any use of the Remote Fix service will be free of viruses and technical defects of any description or any forms of computer misuse.
- Engaging third parties to provide the User Services
We may engage the services of third parties to provide or assist us in providing the Service to you. You agree that we may pass on to such third parties that we engage for this purpose, any data or information that you provide to us with when you contact us with a request for information
- Third party content and linking
Our Guidance may include links to other websites operated by third parties. We do not endorse these third parties and we do not have any control over the nature or accuracy of content on these websites or the way in which they will use the data you provide to them.
- Contact us
If you have any questions, queries or complaints, then please call us on 0800 304 7777 and we will be happy to help you. Our offices are open 8am-7pm, Monday-Friday.
- Changes to the terms and conditions
Hometech may vary any of the terms of your contract to the Hometech Tech Support service at any time where such changes:
- are required for legal or regulatory reasons
- improve or clarify the services or the terms; or
iii. are otherwise necessary.
Hometech reserves the right to withdraw or amend either this promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, without notice if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes arising from these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Free Trial Period
The Free Trail lasts for a period of 14 days. After 14 days your full Membership will become active and the Terms and Conditions below will apply. To begin the Free Trial you must provide Credit or Debit Card details to allow automatic payments once the Free Trial period ends. If you would like to cancel your Free Trial, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated 02nd May 2019.